Two Green Thumbs
Miniature Garden Center &
Janit Calvo Presents the Exclusive
Miniature Garden Society
We’re an exclusive club for members only.
Currently not accepting new members.
Please check back soon.
Are you new to the gardening in miniature hobby
and want to dive-in but aren’t finding any intelligent insight?
Are you an experienced miniature gardener
frustrated by the lack of the information available?
Are you finding that a lot of the information
out there simply doesn’t work?
You can’t seem to find other people that understand your
love and joy of the gardening in miniature hobby?
Do you keep killing plants?
Do you want to find more choices for your miniature gardening?
Fun, original projects?
Do you want to find people to share your love of gardening with miniatures?
Do you want to connect with like-minded people who understand your passion and desire?
Do you want someone that you can ask about YOUR particular projects or ideas?
Someone who can answer your questions directly and honestly?
Want a discount on every order from the world’s favorite
Miniature Garden Center: TwoGreenThumbs.com?
This exclusive Miniature Garden Society has
everything you need,
and a whole-lot more, for your
miniature gardening hobby!
It’s all growing-on here, all in one place, become a member today!
We understand you, our fellow miniature gardener, because we’ve been there too.
Like you, I’ve left the wrong accessories outside and wasted good money. ~>
<~ I’m like you and have built miniature gardens that have died within the season. My time, energy and money wasted by not knowing the simple rules of gardening in miniature.
<~ Like you, I get too busy sometimes and let it go to the weeds.
*Finding out what makes the chores easy is one of the things we focus on at the Miniature Garden Society – so you have more time for the fun stuff!
This Woman has the best ideas and her miniature gardens are by far the most realistic! She uses unique items and creations to create stunning and one of a kind art works. Watch her techniques for the most beautiful and lifelike mini gardens!!
Janit, this is such amazing information! There is so much that I didn’t know, and you’ve given me so much valuable advice for this summer’s outdoor miniature garden pathways and patios. THANK YOU!!
Why We Created this Private Community
~> As leaders in the miniature gardening industry, we’re tired of fluff-filled websites with no valuable information that are just out for the advertising revenue.
~> As innovators in our in field, we disrupt the way things are done to create endless new possibilities for what could be, rather than doing the same old thing.
~> As people, like you, who love to garden, we want a safe place to go to and a community of other like-minded enthusiasts we can have real conversations with, and not just look at pretty pictures on Pinterest.
~> As creators, we use the art of gardening in miniature as our creative outlet which allows us to not only have our own fun, but it gives us a way to share our love and joy with the rest of the world – which can only spread more love and joy!
~> As explorers in this new hobby, we are curious to find out what worked well for the living miniature gardens, so we can dig deeper into our creativity, instead of just experimenting willy-nilly and wasting valuable time and money.
~> As gardeners, we value Mother Nature in all her glory. We love our gardens, large and small, because it keep us grounded, keep us growing and it’s a way to connect us to the rest of the world.
~> As miniature gardeners, we love to share nature’s details and mysteries with one another, no matter how small, because we understand how meaningful those little moments can be.
And as a miniature garden business:
– We’ve watched garden centers and gift stores quickly jump on this trend, fill their store shelves with chunky furniture and cheaply-made miniatures for this new hobby and yet, not one other company is digging as deep as we are to TEACH people what works and what doesn’t! So this is for YOU, our fellow miniature gardener.
– We’ve witnessed made-in-China manufacturing and distributors companies making enormous sums of money from this hobby by just selling the cheap tchotchkes, leaving you with doubt and uncertainty of how to put one together, how to choose the plants, how to grow a garden or even how to start! Yes, miniature gardening is our business too, but WE CARE about helping you get the most out of this wonderful hobby! Yeah, it’s not the most profitable business model but we prefer to empower YOU and put people above profits.
– We’ve watched video after video of how “garden experts” and talking-head-promoters put together miniature gardens and fairy gardens with the WRONG plants and trees, shove a resin house in it, throw down some gravel and call it “a miniature fairy garden.” They trick you into thinking those plants will work and that’s just wrong. They’ve been sponsored to flog those plants instead of showing you what plants do work. So, you waste your money, you waste you time, all while watching your wonderful garden become a complete mess within the season. These “experts” are doing it because they get paid by the sponsor or for the advertising revenue they get from your eyeballs and your clicks. We are not like them. We care because it’s OUR HOBBY TOO.
As a long-time home gardener, now a professional, who has dabbled in miniature gardening for years, I have to say that [you are] a fantastic source of accurate and consumer-friendly advice for anyone wishing to pursue miniature landscapes and fairy gardens as a hobby. [You] are my go-to source for information and their products are adorable!
I am one of your biggest fans, you literally wrote the book(s), always one of our door prizes, on the subject! I aspire to walk humbly in your footsteps. Eternal thanks for the healthy plants, stellar customer service, and for sharing your ‘tiny’ vision with us!
I got into this hobby in 2011 after seeing a fairy garden book featured in my local newspaper. Your website was one of the first sources I found for help with the gardening part of fairy gardening… Thank you for years of straightforward information, your humor, and your passion for miniature gardening.
So, what’s going on inside this community of miniature gardeners?
Here are just SOME of things that we’ve been up to.
Click the + to find out more:
Connect with other like-minded people from all over the world! You can ask questions on any page or start a discussion in the forum! There is also a “coffee talk” forum for anything outside of the hobby too – for a little extra fun!
Any ebooks that Janit creates are included with the membership and are at your fingertips whenever you need them. You can download them and print them out too!
Expert Advice That Works
We know what works and what doesn’t from our 18 years of experience in miniature gardening. Get direct advice or feedback from Janit Calvo, the author of the two bestselling books on Gardening in Miniature!
Exclusive & Unique Projects
Find a miniature garden project for the afternoon or for the weekend – projects specifically for your miniature garden or fairy garden!
Theme & Design Ideas
We already have over 80 different themed-gardens in our gallery to inspire you… !!
Finding the Right Plants
We’ve been growing miniature gardens for 18 years. We’ve been listening to other garden guru’s recommend plants for gardening in miniature that DON’T work for those 18 years too. We can help you choose the right trees and plants that stay in scale for many years.
The Business Of - NEW!
It’s a brand new market with an unusual business model that we’ve been testing and researching for years. We’ll tell you what didn’t work and what did, so you don’t have to spend your time, energy and money on dead-ends too!
Save Time and Money!
We are tree-huggers and pro-environment, we can show you how to reduce, reuse and recycle your miniature plants, accessories, patio material and your containers to save you time and money!
I have asked certain ‘experts’ for advice in this field ( garden centres and online.) It’s frightening how many people claim to be experts and could totally put newcomers to miniature gardening ( such as myself only 2 years in now,) completely off this fascinating and wonderful new hobby. I have been disappointed so many times (not ever wanted to give up, but felt very disheartened and disappointed with advice & purchases!) I will just stick to your books Janit – my only bible and all I really need is between the MGS, your website & your books, it’s a complete package of correct information!
But let’s stop for a moment and compare
some of the UNNECESSARY costs of gardening in miniature:
Pot – $15
Plants – $25
Accessories – $20
Store-bought Patio – $16
Soil – $4
Total – $80
Total to Date: $80
What you got:
– Your plants that you chose after watching that “expert” on Facebook grew-out scale within the season.
– Your design that you copied from that “expert” was so over planted, you lost plants within the month.
– Your inexpensive pot that you chose faded quickly in the sun – or froze in the winter and broke.
– Your accessories fell apart when they got wet.
– Your store-bought mini patio faded fast and looks horrible now – in fact, it never looked realistic.
New Pot – $35
New Plants – $28
New Accessories – $18
New Store-bought Patio – $16
More Soil – $4
Total – $101
– Some of your plants did okay but they grew out too fast and need replacing within the season.
– Some of your accessories are okay.
– That silly, store-bought resin patio faded despite treating it the UV spray and STILL doesn’t look right.
– Your whole garden has sunken down into the pot way too much.
Total to Date: $181
(Reuse same pot)
More plants – $24
Fresh accessories – $14
Stone for Patio – $5
(Have soil leftover from 1st and 2nd attempt)
– The scale of your garden compared to the other accessories doesn’t look right. (We teach you about scale!)
– Your accessories are bleached and faded too much. (We have ideas to extend the lives of your accessories!)
– Your patio stone gets washed away each time you water. (We have different fixes for different mini patios that WORK and look realistic!)
Total to Date: $224!
And some people call this an expensive hobby,
you can now see why!
BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO!
– You can join us for less than $6.25 per month ($75 billed annually.)
– You CAN find plants work for your area & your situation – right away.
– You CAN get help from directly from me, Janit – before you buy anything!
– You CAN connect with fellow members in your area to see what works well for them.
– You CAN find out which accessories weather well, which ones age gracefully AND which ones can be re-furbished!
– You CAN achieve the enchantment you desire in your miniature garden.
– AND you get projects, how-to’s, tips, techniques and more that you can ADD to your
miniature garden hobby to make it more enjoyable ALL YEAR LONG.
– AND a community so you can get even more enjoyment out of your hobby!
– PLUS get a standing 15% discount for our store to help you save money!
With the Miniature Garden Society,
You save time, money and energy!
AND you don’t have to figure everything out from scratch
or experiment on your own dime!
What a cool idea! Yes, I’m one of those Pinterest junkies you mentioned and yet I find some wonderful ideas here that I haven’t seen on Pinterest! Keep up the good work!
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE…
THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
THAT IS DOING LOT OF GOOD
(Not mandatory. Not required. Completely voluntary.)
You see, miniature gardening is not only a way to grow, play, experiment, plant, create, invent, dig deeper or garden differently, it is a way touch the hearts of people in ways that they never would have imagined.
Take a look at one of our Miniature Garden Society outreach installations at the Old Soldier’s Home in Orting, Washington, that we built this past spring of 2017.
Our “Operation: Spark Joy” at this Old Soldier’s Home was a collaboration between the Miniature Garden Society and the Hill and Dale Garden Club – and it is a complete success!
And by success, we don’t just mean the garden is growing and doing well, what we really mean by success is that the residents taking ownership of the garden, they are enjoying the daily maintenance, the seasonal changes and the laugh or three that they get connecting over the miniature garden!
It was awesome. We’re looking to do MORE of this!
This is where the Miniature Garden Society come in! We’re looking to do more of these types of installations in senior’s homes, children’s hospitals and more veteran homes throughout the country as a way to deliver some garden therapy where it is needed most.
As a member of this Miniature Garden Society, you will be a part of this by just being a member.
If you want to do something like this in your area, we are here to help!
(Not mandatory. Not required. Completely voluntary.)
So, are you ready to have a DIFFERENT experience,
the RIGHT tools,
sprinkled with a bit of HUMOR
and really start ENJOYING your hobby?
Or, do you want to keep surfing in Internet for hours to find the right answers and investing your money in the same ideas that don’t work out, and that everyone else has tried already?
Your hosts, Janit and Steve Calvo are avid full-size gardeners too, based in Seattle, Wa. Steve is a native of Seattle. Janit is a transplant from Toronto, Canada and has enjoyed this American life since 1998. They share a love of both miniatures and gardening.
Janit’s love of miniature gardening was sparked after seeing the miniature & dwarf conifers at Swanson’s Nursery in north Seattle where she was working at the time. After scouring the Internet and the library system for months and not finding anything on the topic, Janit realized that there was an opportunity here. Now after building the market for the hobby, the final piece is community and the right information for success – cue The Miniature Garden Society!
~ More About Who We Are ~
– Our Miniature Garden Center Store is America’s first and favorite since 2001. We started selling at farmers markets and garden shows, then when online with eBay in 2004. We moved to our own TwoGreenThumbs.com online store in 2006. We have also had a popular “handmade” Miniature Garden Store on Etsy.com, since 2008.
– We’ve published the world’s only blog completely dedicated to the art and craft of gardening in miniature, since 2007, The Mini Garden Guru blog, followed by over 18,000 people.
– We have the world’s largest gathering of miniature gardeners EVER over on our Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center Facebook page, with now over 15,000 fans, over 13,000 on Twitter and over 5500 fans on our Instagram page.
– We publish the world’s only FREE newsletter dedicated to the miniature garden hobby almost every week, The Mini Garden Gazette, with subscribers from all over the world, since 2004.
– This Miniature Garden Society community website was researched, written, compiled and developed by Janit Calvo, author of the top bestselling books: Gardening in Miniature: Create Your Own Tiny Living World & Gardening in Miniature Prop Shop: Handmade Accessories for Your Tiny Living World. (BOTH books have earned almost 5 star-ratings on Amazon with over 180 reviews!)
AND, ICYMI – Janit WROTE the bestselling books on the hobby! Gardening in Miniature: Create Your Own Tiny Living World has become THE primer for this new hobby AND Gardening in Miniature Prop Shop: Handmade Accessories for Your Own Tiny Living World is the ONLY craft book written especially for miniature gardeners! They are completely different and there are no two books like these books!!
BUT WAIT. THERE’S EVEN MORE…
We now have a LIVE chat group!
With your membership, you get access to our private Facebook group! It’s another way to connect with each other, see each other’s work, swap tips and get even more gardening insight!
BUT – for even MORE fun, we’re doing LIVE videos every couple of weeks so you can “talk” directly to me (and sometimes Steve,) and get your questions answered!
(The way it works is I’m on video and you type in your questions. So don’t worry if you are camera-shy, you won’t be on video at all and you can still connect, enjoy, see what others are up to, ask questions and get a laugh or two!)
It’s For Fairy Gardeners Too!
If you want to raise the bar on your fairy gardening, you’ve come to the right place.
We don’t fool around either – well, we do, just a little bit from time to time, lol! – I mean you will learn how to easily create a fairy garden that will stay in scale, make sense to the viewer – far beyond just a box of soil cluttered with toys sprinkled about.
You’ll be able to build a garden for your fairies that will last and be a joy to work on and in, that will impress your friends and your neighbors!
Remember that we are a Buyer’s Club!
You’ll SAVE 15% on every order through our online store at TwoGreenThumbs.com! So if you are just starting with the hobby, or you are looking to dial-up your creativity and satisfaction to get MORE out of your hobby, an exclusive membership to the Miniature Garden Society is PERFECT FOR YOU! Join us today!
PS – We have one member that has SAVED $184.17 to date!!
So, are you ready for something completely different?
Join us as we grow this hobby!
Get INSTANT Access Now!
Click here to join us!
Click here to join us!
Membership is currently closed.
If you want to get a notice when we re-open,
please email Janit at Support@MiniatureGardenSociety.com!