A MINIATURE GARDEN COMMUNITY
An exclusive, members-only website for
celebrating the joy of gardening in miniature!
We’ve got everything for your
miniature gardening hobby right here,
growing in one place!
“We may not yet have all the answers for this new, wonderful hobby,
but we are certainly the only miniature gardeners digging for them!“
– Janit Calvo
WHY JOIN US?
LET’S DIG DEEPER:
With Janit’s unique &
original ideas !
Expert Advice &
Access to Experience
Over 18 years of
Find Magic for your
What works and why…
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
It saves money
& time too!
Italy, India, Canada, UK,
from all over the USA!
Exclusive & Unique
Find a project for the afternoon,
or the weekend!
Regional & Seasonal
A growing checklist so you
won’t miss any must-do’s!
You can’t find this
DIY Idea Factory
Custom projects &
Over 80 (and growing)
It’s a Buyers Club!
Members save 15% off
any of our stores anytime!
Growing a Business?
It’s an unusual business
but we’ve made it work.
This section coming soon!
BUT WAIT, THERE ARE MORE REASONS WHY…
Why We Created this community,
The Miniature Garden Society:
~> As leaders in the miniature gardening industry, we’re tired of fluff-filled websites with no valuable information that are just out for the advertising revenue.
~> As innovators in our in field, we disrupt the way things are done to create endless new possibilities for what could be, rather than doing the same old thing.
~> As people, like you, who love to garden, we want a community of other like-minded enthusiasts we can have real conversations with, and not just look at pretty pictures on Pinterest.
~> As creators, we use the art of gardening in miniature as our creative outlet which allows us to not only have our own fun, but it gives us a way to share our love and joy with the rest of the world – which can only spread more love and joy!
~> As explorers in this new hobby, we are curious to find out what works well for the living miniature gardens, so we can dig deeper into our creativity, instead of just experimenting willy-nilly and wasting valuable time and money.
~> As gardeners, we value Mother Nature in all her glory and we love our gardens, large and small, because they keep us grounded, keep us growing and it’s a way to connect us to the rest of the world.
~> As miniature gardeners, we love to share nature’s details and mysteries with one another, no matter how small, because we understand how meaningful those little moments can be.
And as a miniature garden business:
– New garden departments and a gift industry was built up around this new hobby and yet, not one other company is digging as deep as we are to find out what works and what doesn’t for you, our fellow miniature gardener.
– We’ve witnessed companies making enormous sums of money from this hobby by just selling the accessories, leaving you with doubt and uncertainty of what to do with the plants, how to grow a garden or what to do next!
– We’ve watched video after video of how talking-head-promoters put together miniature gardens that won’t work, they never explain why they used the plants they do, nor what they are doing, they are just there for the advertising money.
– We are not like them. We care because it’s our hobby too.
BUT WAIT AGAIN, THERE ARE MORE REASONS
WHY THIS COMMUNITY ROCKS…
THIS IS A COMMUNITY THAT IS DOING LOT OF GOOD
(Not mandatory. Not required. Completely voluntary.)
You see, miniature gardening is not only a way to grow, play, experiment, plant, create, invent, dig deeper or garden differently, it is a way touch the hearts of people in ways that they never would have imagined.
Take a look at one of our Miniature Garden Society outreach installations at the Old Soldier’s Home in Orting, Washington, that we built this past spring of 2017.
Our “Operation: Spark Joy” at this Old Soldier’s Home was a collaboration between the Miniature Garden Society and the Hill and Dale Garden Club – and it is a complete success!
And by success, we don’t just mean the garden is growing and doing well, what we really mean by success is that the residents taking ownership of the garden, they are enjoying the daily maintenance, the seasonal changes and the laugh or three that they get connecting over the miniature garden!
It was awesome. We’re looking to do MORE of this!
This is where the Miniature Garden Society come in! We’re looking to do more of these types of installations in senior’s homes, children’s hospitals and more veteran homes throughout the country as a way to deliver some garden therapy where it is needed most.
As a member of this Miniature Garden Society, you will be a part of this by just being a member. If you want to do something like this in your area, we are here to help!
~ About Who We Are ~
– Our Miniature Garden Center Store is America’s first and favorite since 2001. We started selling on eBay in 2004 and moved to our own online store in 2006 ~> see it here.
– We’ve had a popular “handmade” Miniature Garden Store on Etsy.com, since 2008 ~> visit it here.
– We’ve published the world’s only blog completely dedicated to the art and craft of gardening in miniature, since 2007, The Mini Garden Guru blog here, followed by over 18,000 people.
– We have the world’s largest gathering of miniature gardeners EVER, with now over 14,000 fans on our Facebook page here.
– We publish the world’s only newsletter dedicated to the miniature garden hobby, The Mini Garden Gazette, with subscribers from all over the world, since 2004. Sign up here. (Only subscribers to the MGS can access the archives.)
– This Miniature Garden Society community website was researched, written, compiled and developed by Janit Calvo, author of the top bestselling books: Gardening in Miniature: Create Your Own Tiny Living World & Gardening in Miniature Prop Shop: Handmade Accessories for Your Tiny Living World
Join us NOW for INSTANT ACCESS!
But first stop and take a sneak peek of what the MGS looks like inside:
What People are Saying…
“Thank you so much for this new Society website! What I have read is very impressive and informative. The video’s and photo’s show such detail that makes it a lot easier to envision our own miniature gardens. Congratulations on creating such a fun and info-filled website. It is obvious how much thought and time you put into it and I’m sure it will be the “go to” site we need. – Your miniature garden friend, Joyce.”
Membership is closed for the season while we do some spring cleaning
and catch up with our new members.
Please send us an email if you would like to join us
when we reopen next season, Summer of 2018. Thank you!
Your hosts, Janit and Steve Calvo. Based in Seattle, WA.